Frequently Asked Questions and Answers Regarding Indiana Child Support Payment Processing


How does this affect me if I have been ordered to pay child support?
If you have been ordered to pay child support and it is not being withheld from your paycheck by an employer, you will need to begin to mail your child support personal check, money order or cashier's check to the address below.  Do not send cash.
PO Box 7130
Indianapolis, Indiana 46207-7130
What types of payments will the INSCCU accept?
The INSCCU will accept the following types of payments:
        Personal checks
        Money orders
        Cashier's checks
The INSCCU will not accept cash payments.  Cash payments will continue to be accepted on a walk-in basis at your local county Clerk's Office.
What information should I send with my payment?
When sending a payment to the INSCCU, please include the following information:
  • your name
  • your phone number
  • last 4 digits of your social security number
  • your address
  • your ISETS case number
  • your court cause number
  • payment amount
  • the custodial party's name
A downloadable form may be printed and sent in with your payments.  The downloadable Child Support Payment remittance Form may be found at
Where can I find my ISETS case number and cause number?
If you do not know your ISETS case number and/or your court cause number, you may contact the Kidsline at 317-233-5437 (local) or 800-840-8757.  Customer service representatives are available Monday through Firday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
What if I currently pay my child support to the Clerk's Office by automatic withdrawal from my bank account or by credit card or at a local bank?
If you pay child support to the Clerk by automatic withdrawals from your bank account, by credit card or at a local bank that accepts payments for the Clerk's Office, you may continue to use these methods to pay your support.  Questions about these types of payments should be directed to your local Clerk's Office.
What if I use my bank's online payment service to issue a check sent to pay my support?
If a paper check is generated through the use of an online banking service, you will need to make sure the check is sent to the INSCCU address above and the proper identifying information is sent with the check.
What if I have more than one court order for support and the orders are in different Indiana counties, can I send one check?
Yes.  If you have more than one court order, you may send one check, even if the court orders are from different Indiana counties.  However, when sending your payment, you must include the ISETS case number, court cause number and dollar amount for each of the cases to which the payment is to be applied.
Is there a phone number I can call with questions about my child support payment?
Yes.  If you have child support payment-related questions, you may call the INSCCU customer service call center and Interactive Voice Response System (IVR) Kidsline at 317-233-5437 (local) or 800-840-8757.  Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.  Automated phone service is also available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.  Assistance is available in 170 different languages upon request.